Monday, May 21, 2012

Quotation to Affirmation - Inspire Yourself Further!

This morning I had the privilege of speaking to about 100 fifth to eight grade students at Camelot School in Philadelphia.  I spoke on the topic, "Stop the Inner Violence."  The kids were inquisitive and I felt full of passion as I shared simple ideas with them on how to empower themselves with new thinking.

As I prepared for the speech, I searched for quotes from some of the pop culture greats like Jay-Z, Will Smith and others.  I chose the thoughts that I felt would inspire these kids to pursue success. 

For each quote, I wrote a personalized affirmation that the kids could begin to practice on a daily basis.  To create a mind full of good thoughts, you must practice good thoughts.  You must learn to replace the negative, self-judgmental thinking with healthy thinking. 

I loved the quotes and the affirmations so I thought I'd share them with you too!

Hope you enjoy them.  I encourage you to print them out.  Read the affirmations at least once a day for thirty days.  Before you know it, you might just choose to have a better view of yourself and your life.


Quotes & Affirmations
“Remind yourself. Nobody built like you, you design yourself.” Jay-Z

Affirm: I design myself. I am valuable.

 
“There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” Nelson Mandela

Affirm: I am capable of overcoming my circumstances and living a great life.

 

“You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.” Michael Jordan

Affirm: I expect great things of myself. I am willing to try new things.


“I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” Michael Jordan

Affirm: I keep trying and trying until I succeed.


“Greatness truly exists in all of us.” Will Smith

Affirm: There is greatness in me.


”The first step before anyone else in the world believes it is that YOU have to believe it.” Will Smith

Affirm: I start to believe in myself.


 
“I don't know what my calling is, but I want to be here for a bigger reason. I strive to be like the greatest people who have ever lived.” Will Smith

Affirm: I am here for a purpose. I learn from the greatest people who have ever lived.



“I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.” Muhammad Ali

Affirm: I choose to be who I want to be.



“It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.” Muhammad Ali

Affirm: I am changing from the inside out. I practice good thoughts day after day.



"Someone's opinion of you does not have to become your reality." Les Brown

Affirm: Others will have their opinions of me. I define myself.



“It's not your job to like me...it's MINE!” Byron Katie

Affirm: It is my job to like me.


Which one is your favorite?  Mine is:  I design myself.  I am valuable!

With my love,
Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/



3 comments:

  1. My favourite is "its not your job to like me...it's MINE" by Byron Katie. its speaks to me because it admits that I will meet people who don't like me, then it takes ownership of that situation by saying- its not their job to like me and the best part is it then puts the power in my hands by saying- I like me and that's a good conclusion to it because I like the idea of liking me. that feels good.

    I also like the Les Brown quote about someone's opinion of me not being my reality because it is sometimes heartbreaking to hear what people think of you and it leaves you going "was that my fault?", did I project something they interpreted this way? but that quote recognises the fact that people have their own filters and glasses through which they see the world and those filters may be faulty. the quote gives us the power to say like Maya Angelou- "I am not in it"- I am not in that description/impression/conclusion you have of me.

    sorry about the epistle, you only asked for a comment not a discussion. lol! but I thoroughly enjoyed your post too so it's alllllll your fault! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Omonaikee, I enjoyed your comments and I am glad you said so much! Thank you for sharing. Yes, it sure does feel good when we learn to like ourselves. It is as if there is more color in the world when this occurs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best gifts mankind can give himself is being himself and appreciating himself.There's greatness in everyman and I'm confident to agree with President W Bush in his 2001 inaugural speech that "no insignificant person was ever born".Thanks Tricia for this collection.

    ReplyDelete