Monday, January 2, 2012

Empowered 2012 - Embrace Change

I'm starting the year and already, 2012 is full of changes for me.  I am packing boxes, moving locations.  There is a part of me that feels nervous but the greater part of me is EXCITED.  New times, fresh starts, original openings and amazing avenues--it is all right in front of me.

I smile as I write this.  I, as well as my fellow human beings, experience so many sensations and emotions when experiencing change.

I see clearly that I have choice!  The choice I have in every second of my life is my perspective.  Will I know that things will always work out for my best?  Or, will I be afraid?

Will I forge ahead with joy or will I be nervously hesitant?

Will I embrace the challenges and differences or will I be intimated?

Isn't it cool that I get to choose how I want to experience life?  I sure think so.  I love it.  I am empowered when I choose an empowered outlook.

So, this week I offer you a challenge.  Write down the many changes and uncertainties you are experiencing in your life right now.  Then, for each one, ask yourself the following questions (and write your answer down):  "What perspective will I choose as I face this?  What do I want to see happen?"

You have choice.  Choose the thoughts you bring to your life situation wisely.  If you do, you may just find that no matter the ups and downs, twists or turns, highs or lows, YOU CAN EXPERIENCE PEACE :)

Here are a few helpful quotes on change that I thought you'd enjoy:

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide

“Someone was hurt before you, wronged before you, hungry before you, frightened before you, beaten before you, humiliated before you, raped before you… yet, someone survived…
You can do anything you choose to do.” –Maya Angelou

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” -C.S. Lewis

“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” -Deepak Chopra

“Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” -Marilyn Monroe



Riding the waves of change with you!

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
http://www.patriciaomoqui.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment