Friday, May 5, 2017

Don't Let Your Goals Become A Prison

Allowing our vision to emerge from the depths of our soul is an inspiring, exciting process.  Sometimes, though, we get a glimpse of the vision and we become attached to a particular form it should take.  Or, we get an idea of HOW we think it will unfold.  Then, when it doesn't take that form or that particular path, we get frustrated and disheartened.

Our dreams and goals can become a mental prison.  This attachment  to ONE FORM of our vision, can create inner stress, frustration, and anxiety.

Let me admit it:  it has happened to me!  Over 10 years ago, I received a very clear vision of my life purpose.  Yet, it has unfolded more slowly and in more of a "seeming round-about" way than I had hoped or thought it would.

My goals, at times, became my prison.  My inner critic would come out and beat me up --"You should be farther along with this.  Why aren't you working hard, faster, and getting results more quickly?"

Yet, the further I go on this path, the more I can see in retrospect how perfectly the path has been unfolding for my highest good!  It certainly has not happened in the way, nor at the pace I had wanted.  But, it has deepened me, enriched me, prepared me for serving humanity in a higher and better way than I would have been able to design myself.

My point:  Don't let an attachment to a specific FORM of your goals and dreams.  TRUST the process and HAVE fun as you walk the path of your purpose.



Don't take your goals, nor yourself TOO seriously and stress yourself needlessly.  Be fierce.  Be determined.  Be persistent. FIND JOY in the process of learning and growing that comes naturally from the JOURNEY of growth and achievement.

Our E.G.O. (Edge-God-Out mind) can use our goals--even those of doing things like serving humanity--to imprison us.  Don't fall into this trap.  BE FREE in the moment to be like a wild, joyful child following your heart every minute boldly, fearlessly and with total trust.  There is a HIGHER PLAN and DESIGN in play for each of us.  Our life curriculum is teaching and growing us FOR the fulfillment of the highest form of our vision.

Trust the process.
Relax your mind.
Your life Is on schedule.

Relaxing into the journey with you,

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.
www.patriciaomoqui.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information. It is a useable information. This is a nice and good blog.
    https://www.mindvalleyacademy.com/blog/impact/life-goals

    ReplyDelete